We walk at a brisk pace for about two hours on Friday mornings throughout the year in the Geneva countryside, the canton of Vaud and occasionally venture further out for longer walks up to three hours, using public transportation for all walks. We usually meet around 9:00 and are normally finished around lunchtime.
Questions?? contact Sara and Elena here
Details about this week's hike - This week we’ll hike from the Bogis-Bossey bus stop (a ten-minute bus ride from Coppet train station) to Nyon via Celigny and Crans-pres-Celigny, on mostly flat, paved roads with a bit of forest at the end (with possibly a little muck). About 2.5 hours in total. Registration opens May 15th.
Due to Swiss regulations, participation is limited. Registration is required - remember to hit confirm or your registration will not go through!
Deadline to register 16:00 Thursday 20 May.
Once you register, a confirmation email will be sent to you with contact information for Friday Hikes and /or hiking details. A further email will be sent to registered participants on Thursday evening with the final details.
Look forward to seeing you on Friday!
If we have a large number of participants we'll have two leaders each leading a group of 13 starting from different points.
For more information regarding location, conditions and meeting point please check the Activities Update Page on the Website.
No later than Wednesday morning, information about the hike is posted in the Friday Morning Hiking forum. Visit our Activities Update page in order to see hike details and subscribe to receive hiking notification emails in your inbox. Select to receive notification emails immediately in your personal profile to avoid missing any last-minute information about the hike.
Swiss Federal and Cantonal regulations will always be followed.
- Masks must be worn on public transportation.
- If a member has traveled within 10 days before the hike to any country considered a risk under Swiss Federal and Cantonal regulations, they must quarantine and may not join the hike.
- Walkers are requested to maintain a 1.5-metre distance between themselves and other walkers. To facilitate this, we suggest walking in pairs (two persons, side by side), only. If this distance can't be maintained, please wear a mask.
- A list of the hikers participating on a hike along with contact details will be kept for two weeks after the hike for contact and tracing purposes.
General Information and Guidelines: updated 29, October 2020
- Friday Hikes are open to all AIWC members.
- Adult guests are allowed (once per guest) and must be announced in advance when registering for the hike. We welcome fellow women only as guests.
- Children are not allowed on hikes.
- Dogs and other pets are not allowed on hikes.
- Hikes are generally 2 to 2.5 hours and generally about 8 kilometers, though this may vary. To achieve the desired distances in the allotted time, the group walks at a brisk pace. As this may not suit everyone, slower walkers are requested to join the upcoming Wednesday Wanderers Hiking Group, whose members will walk at an easier pace.
- Hikes are generally in the cantons of Geneva and Vaud and are easily accessible by public transit. On occasion, there are hikes outside of these cantons that may be longer in length and require longer transportation links.
- Hikes are led by volunteer leaders who will supply all the necessary information about the hike on the AIWC Forum by Wednesday morning before the hike
- If no hike is to take place that week, an email stating this will be sent out by end-morning on Wednesday.
- Leaders may, on rare occasions, limit the size of the group in the interest of safety.
- Hikers are responsible for wearing appropriate clothing and shoes and for bringing all necessary equipment and supplies, particularly water and snacks.
- Participants are responsible for their own safety and wellbeing and must follow the instructions provided by hike leaders.
- The AIWC declines responsibility for the loss of personal property.